Thursday, July 9, 2015

No-bake Dessert

We are going to make a brief pause on Christmas cards because I need to post this recipe, as I promised on my Facebook page. I made it for 4th of July. You can decorate it the way you want, even with Christmas eatable decorations. ;) But first let me tell you a little bit about this delicious Brazilian dessert. The name in Portuguese is Pavê (Trifle) .
Pavê resembles a tiramisu, but ... much better! It is a wonderful no-bake layered dessert made with different types of creams and cookies, or biscuits. The most common one is made with Lady Fingers and white cream. The recipe I'm posting today is my creation, and, therefore, made with chocolate. Yep, I confess, I am a chocoholic. (smile). But doesn't everything taste better with chocolate anyway? (bigger smile).

Ingredients
3 packages Tea Biscuits (you can use Graham Crackers, if you prefer)
1 can sweet condensed milk 
3 tbsp Nesquick
1 can table cream (you'll find table cream at the international aisle of your grocery store)
1/2 cup milk 
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
2 8oz containers Whip Cream
Fresh fruit (I used raspberries and blueberries to make the flag), or any decoration of your choice.


In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Nesquick, butter, and sweet condensed milk. Cook in medium heat stirring constantly until it thickens and loosens from the bottom of the pan (about 10 minutes). Turn off heat. Add table cream. Mix very well until you have a smooth (almost liquid) cream. 
Put milk in a deep dish (add sugar to the milk if you like your desserts very sweet). One by one, deep the biscuits in the milk and arrange them in a 9"x 13" baking pan. Cover the biscuit layer with chocolate cream. Repeat this process 2 more times. Spread whip cream on top, decorate, put in refrigerator at least for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!

Let me know in a comment how your dessert turned out. Please post a picture of it on my Facebook page.
Thank you for stopping by. May God bless you and yours,
Vanías Reed  

No comments:

Post a Comment